Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for January 2007

Wolves, Flesh and Balls

By Gnauton
| Comments

Howdy doo, A group of us Reykjavík HQ northerners have recently returned from Atlanta, Georgia, where the offices of White Wolf | CCP North America sit nestled amid acres of lush greenery, billboards and fast food restaurants. The purpose of the trip was for our recently-conjoined groups to touch bases on some of the projects we’re going to be working on in tandem, and cementing communications pipelines that will enable us to put our respective strengths to good use.

Read full post

Most Wanted List

By CCP Hammer
| Comments

Some people are misunderstanding the point of the new top ten thread I created over in the features and ideas forum, maybe because they didn't read the thread that I linked to. That thread is only for top ten lists, nothing else.

Read full post

All you wanted to know about Defects but were afraid to ask

By Mephysto
| Comments

I was recently thinking about how defects could be categorized since there are multiple different problems all classed under the same heading of 'defects'. I concluded there were 3 broad categories that could be defined (but even that isn’t wholly accurate). 1. Code errors Coding errors come in 2 flavors.

Read full post

TomB’s new coffee girl!

By CCP Fear
| Comments

From the second floor of the CCP HQ, I report to you from my desk for the very first time. As the title of this blog states quite clearly, I am TomB’s new coffee girl. Officially my job is about game design, but I believe TomB would disagree on that. Personally I prefer tea. However, I think formal introductions are in order.

Read full post

Invention: status and update (Revelations 1.3)

By CCP TomB
| Comments

Invention was supposed to be the revolutionary feature of Revelations and should have changed the entire science and industry genre as we know it, with the potential side effect that could change the biggest part of the player economy; Tech 2. However, the effect that invention was supposed to bring has not yet been seen.

Read full post

E-ON Awards

By Zapatero
| Comments

Greetings fellow pilots and other denizens of the EVE community. I’m hoping that by now some of you will have received your copy of the latest E-ON, or in the course of the next few days will soon hear the satisfying flowp of a magazine-sized ‘lope hitting the doormat. Within those 80 (glorious, lovingly-crafted full-colour) pages is a short article regarding something we are calling the E-ON Awards.

Read full post

A new year is upon us, more improvements, more performance, more hardware and more speed

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Martin Luther King Jr. said; Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men. It's now 2007 in the real world but in EVE, we're supposedly quite more advanced and ... yet this quote somehow still makes sense, doesn't it? Well, maybe not for the Amarr :) What's interesting to note from us these days is planning and scheduling for the upcoming year.

Read full post

Eve Corporation League

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Eve Corporation League This is an introduction to what I hope will become known as the ECL, or Eve Corporation League. Below I will be explaining the concepts behind it and telling you how you can affect its development. What is it? We want to create a playing ground for smaller entities.

Read full post

Ramblings from Tux

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

What has Tux been up to? Well, what do devs do after a big patch like Revelation? We look at the sorts of issues that crop up after the patch, we look over the features we put in and we make sure they're working all right. A lot of stuff needed to be done for this one, but in the grand scheme of things most of them were rather minor - at least the ones that I could do anything about. Naturally we've been playing EVE a lot, since we want those new toys and features every bit as much as you do.

Read full post

Reflection on Revelations

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Happy new year from CCP QA. Revelations is by far the biggest expansion CCP has released since the dawn of EVE and getting it out the door was a major undertaking to say the least. I want to use this opportunity to reflect back on the release, how QA at CCP has been changing lately and what our improvement plans are for this year.

Read full post