Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for 2007

Start your engines – The Fifth Alliance Tournament is just around the corner

By CCP Mindstar
| Comments

Greetings fellow pod pilots! After the recent months of hard work to bring you the Trinity expansion, we have finally had a bit of time to start putting our heads together and get the wheels of the Fifth Alliance Tournament moving. Under the watchful eye of GM Nova, the tournament committee of GM Xamother, CCP Fendahl, and CCP Mindstar (that’s me!) will be working to bring you the best tournament yet! Over the next few weeks we will be looking over the rules and points used in the last tournamen...

Read full post

Forum and Community Changes and Improvements

By CCP kieron
| Comments

In my last dev blog concerning the ISD team, I mentioned the internalization of the volunteer forum moderation team into the newly created Community Group, a team tasked with increased responsibilities. One of the primary responsibilities of the Community Group is the management of the forums. During the creation of the Community Group, the forum policies were reviewed.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - Trinity, is it holy?

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Trinity, is it holy? New this time was that we had a dedicated person asking the questions. This honor fell on Mindstar, but as usual the questions asked came from the players. Speakers Hammerhead - Lead Game Designer Zulupark - Game Designer You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

EVE Voice Feedback

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Now that Trinity has been released we've been monitoring the usage numbers of EVE Voice. We have to say that we're pleasantly surprised with the large number of players that have embraced this latest addition to EVE. We're now moving into a second development cycle with the new tools and we want to get your input on what we should focus our energy on.

Read full post

About the boot.ini issue

By CCP Explorer
| Comments

My name is Dr. Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson and I have been directing the EVE Online Software Group for the better part of this year. From my previous work experiences in the antivirus industry and following CCP for quite some time now, I have come to appreciate the need for full disclosure when things don't go according to plan. Shortly after releasing EVE Online: Trinity at 22:04 GMT on Wednesday, 5 December, we started receiving reports that the Classic to Premium graphics content upgrade was ca...

Read full post

Econ Dev Blog No. 3 - Some statistics on corporations

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

Greetings all EVE pilots, This third Economic Dev blog presents statistics on corporations in the EVE Universe. The purpose is to give pilots a quick snapshot of the corporate population and some interesting numbers such as average tax rate and the type of ships pilots in NPC corporations vs.

Read full post

I want you (to join my corp)!

By CCP Fear
| Comments

It has been a long time since my last, and first, blog but here we are again. Usually I can type endlessly about something that usually turns out to be nothing. Some would think it is a good quality, I however believe it to be... well I honestly don't care. I am going to try to be short (read "yeah right"), but it might end up a bit longer.

Read full post

EVE TV - Season One finale!

By EVETV spiralJunkie
| Comments

November 24th will see the end of EVE TV Season One. Admittedly, we started a little shaky and took a few episodes to find our feet. But, we can all agree that the core EVE TV team (Xyliana, Loxyrider, StevieSG, Julian, Mike the Greek and Cynthia) did a wonderful job. Each member deserves a huge pat on the back.

Read full post

Attribute Reassignment Modifier Scripts and Bandwidth

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

In addition to a host of other features slated for deployment in our forthcoming expansion, EVE: Trinity also introduces two new features: Attribute Reassignment Modifier Scripts and bandwidth. Attribute Reassignment Modifier Scripts Attribute Reassignment Modifier (ARM) Scripts are non-consumable charges that modify the attributes of modules they are installed in.

Read full post

Getting the message across

By Zapatero
| Comments

We may have looked like teachers, or scientists, or perhaps a team of lawn bowlers who had gotten lost and had to ask directions, but the E-ON "Pub Team" at least managed to get our collective asses in gear and get some shirts made up for this year's Fanfest.

Read full post

More Changes with Invention in Trinity

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

Fanfest is now over, and it was awesome experience. Being able to sit down face to face and focus on many issues and future aspirations we both have for Eve was much more productive than feedback on the forums. Today, I have been shuffling through over seven pages of notes from a single round table, notes that will be turned into planned fixes, balancing, improvements and new features for future patches.

Read full post

The Council of Stellar Management

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

Ever since our CEO, Hilmar Pétursson, announced the re-emergence of the Council of Stellar Management (CSM) last spring we have been working feverishly at trying to make it bigger and better than the earlier version. When it was implemented last time players could volunteer for the CSM and they were then handpicked by us. What we wish to do is to take this to a new level and let you the players elect representatives to the CSM.

Read full post

Quarterly Economic Newsletter, 3rd Quarter 2007

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

The first Quarterly Economic Newsletter for EVE online is now available for download as a pdf document. Indeed this is the first economic newsletter of any online universe and it is your enthusiasm for the economics of the game that has made this possible.

Read full post

Penguins in Space

By CCP Lingorm
| Comments

With the release of the new Mac and Linux clients today we thought it best to put together a list of common questions and answers. Some of the answers will be links to Knowledge Base articles that have the correct information, others will be direct answers. Ready? So here we go. Q. Is this a native client? Yes and No.

Read full post

User interface and EVE Voice changes - Fun (and free) stuff inside!

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

So Trinity is rolling up, bearing with it a new graphics engine and freshly baked models for you to go "oooh" and "aah" over. But what else is there? Could it be that the user interface is getting a face lift? Could it be that we now offer excellent voice communication which functionality is fully integrated into that spiffy new interface? Why yes! Back up here a bit! UI in EVE? This all started out a few months ago when we set out to improve on the EVE Voice groundwork we had laid with our part...

Read full post

Meanwhile, back in the Exploration bunker...

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

My secret objective for the Trinity expansion has been to add as many new features as possible, including some nifty Exploration-related mechanics, then write one huge dev blog about all of it and take credit for everyone else's work. So far, so good... (cue evil laugh track) New Complexes Here's a nice easy place to start us off – some of the Content guys have found the huge gaps in the list of DED complexes are disturbing their Feng Shui.

Read full post

Carriers, the Swiss Army Knife of EVE???

By CCP Nozh
| Comments

Hello, Most of you have probably read Zulupark's blog about the Carrier and Mothership changes we've been discussing here at the office, the feedback and next steps. We expected such a drastic change to result in a lot of feedback. We did not expect the requests to prematurely end dear Zulupark's existence in this universe, some of which were *very* imaginative and in more ways than we thought possible.

Read full post

New Tech 2 Ships for Trinity

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

Trinity introduces four new classes of Tech II combat ships: Electronic Attack Ships, Heavy Interdictors, Black Ops and Marauders. The ships will be available for testing on Singularity this week, though the current models are not representative of the final ship modules once the graphics update is rolled out.

Read full post

Capital ships in EVE, what's up doc?

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Hi, I‘m Zulupark and recently transferred from the Quality Assurance department to the Game Design team. I’ve been with CCP for just under two years now and don’t plan on going anywhere. Say hello to your newest balancer (I still haven't received a nerfbat though). I‘m posting here now because the last few days we‘ve been looking at the way capital and supercapital ships are functioning on Tranquility, and to be honest we‘re a little concerned with the direction it‘s taking. What we want is pret...

Read full post

Delivering Trinity

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

First an introduction, my name is 2Kay and even though I feel like I just started at CCP, I‘m already in the older half of the employees. I‘ve just been transferred to the EVE Group at CCP after working on various web and billing solutions before. I am here to talk about how we are going to deliver the Trinity patch and upgrade to your guys. Patch and upgrade? There will be two editions of the EVE client now, Trinity Classic with the old content, a more compact download which everyone will be ab...

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next