Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for December 2006

A pensive moment...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

Wow. It's certainly been a while since I last blogged, so I'll try and make amends without going overboard. The Christmas wind-down is upon us, the fanfest is over, the merger announced, the patch out. This is never to say that things can't get lively around the office - just this week there's been two incidents of people running around screaming and pulling their hair out that I've been involved in; One has involved our attempts to sort out forum portrait rendering, and the other was a nasty su...

Read full post

Web cell revival, hallelujah!

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Hello and welcome to my first blog! My dev name is Garthagk and I will be your guide on today's tour. First a bit of introduction. Those of you who were at Fanfest this year might have heard Halldór talking about how CCP is organized into small groups of programmers called "cells". Well, I'm the newest member of the Web Cell.

Read full post

Offline is where it's at (EON#006 and other stories)

By Zapatero
| Comments

Extra-EVE activities are high on the agenda this weekend, what with the Eve-TV cameras rolling for the start of another three days of passive-aggressive EVE entertainment. Good luck to those behind mics, lenses, dials and buttons, but especially to the Alliance teams taking part – particularly the ones I have a soft spot for (both of which seem about as likely to progress onto better things as spiralJunkie’s stylist).

Read full post

Eve Data Export, The Continuation of an epic saga

By CCP t20
| Comments

I present you with an updated batch of data from EVE. For you who know already what this is, you shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out what has changed. For those that are not familiar with this particular export, I recommend reading my first devblog (you can't buy this as a chemistry set in the toystore, sorry) and the helper thread where many of your predecessors and mentors have helped each other out in the quest for eternal glory and men in tights.

Read full post