Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for November 2006

Character Creation & the EVE New Player Experience

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

This dev blog is dedicated to the character creation part of the second of a total of three major upgrades scheduled for EVE’s new player experience – The basic tutorials and introduction being the first, the character creation and the first batch of informative tutorials being the second and the COSMOS project and the second batch of informative tutorials being the third (slated for 2007). 1- The Character Creation There have been a number of misconceptions floating around, as well as some actu...

Read full post

This and that

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Hi I'm the friendly content developer Tuxford. I've been busy these last months and haven't really been focusing my efforts on communicating with the playerbase. The time I do go to the forums and post my answers may seem a bit short and lack a bit of solid information. I have however been keeping an eye on the forums and hope to address some of your concerns now. It's always better to address concerns in blogs, forums have so much volume that answers disappear the day after and we simply can't ...

Read full post

Walking in stations

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

As many of you have probably heard, either at the Fanfest last weekend or in the forums, we are working on a system to render and animate full-body characters within EVE.

Read full post

From beer to eternity

By Zapatero
| Comments

Although it was more difficult to stay in the shadows at this year's Fan Fest, I managed to emerge with much of my anonymity intact – although emerging with any degree of self-respect could be tricky once the late night transmissions from Eve-TV are leaked out.

Read full post

Gangs of New Eden

By CCP TomB
| Comments

The gang system has gone under an overhaul that is rumored to be bigger than my own ego. But if you know me in person you will see that... IT IS NOT TRUE. But it is fun, while I am not, and that really matters when you have traveled far into empty space. The Gang The old gang still exists as you know it and is formed in the same way as it always has been.

Read full post

Kali Testing Pt2: The Bugs Strike Back.

By Mephysto
| Comments

When last we left our intrepid adventurers, they were hip deep in Testing Tasks and getting deeper by the hour. After a huge amount of effort, we have beaten back the invading Testing Task hordes to a more manageable level. Their numbers dwindling daily from the heroic efforts of the team.... Then public testing began on Singularity. Once more the mighty adventurers find themselves hip deep in something.

Read full post

Fanfest Tournament Sign up!

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

For those going to FanFest, you can now sign up for either the CCG tournament or EVE Online tournament here. Remember that you cannot sign up for both tournaments. They happen simultaneously and players will not have time to compete in both. There are a total of 64 slots open in the CCG tournament, and 128 for the PvP tournament.

Read full post