Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for October 2006

More hardwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Yes, it's time for more of that. The first upgrade is on the 1st of November as you might know already, we're adding more internet backbones, both to add more capacity but also to offer you multiple routes to access Tranquility (called multi-homing).

Read full post

News From Dynamic Valley

By Gnauton
| Comments

Hi everyone, Quite a few things to announce from dynamic content’s little corner of the CCP offices. More people have been added to the dynamic team, among them a fiercely prolific Chronicle and short story writer with serious skills (who has provided us with a one-story-a-week release pipeline through the new year), and a dedicated Events Coordinator who will oversee and supervise events, helping us put out a more regular events schedule which will utilize the 18 CCP staffers who have expressed...

Read full post

We're jammin, I hope you like jammin, too.

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

ECM changes Before I tell you what changes we're going to make, let's go over what's wrong with ECM to begin with. In my opinion there is not much wrong with dedicated ECM ships. They are very powerful and can lockdown multiple opponents but they are very vulnerable. Anyone that has failed a jam in one of these ships knows how fast they go down.

Read full post

QA Update

By Mephysto
| Comments

QA is now well into crunch mode, working on the new content for Kali which is now just about feature complete but there are still bugs and more testing to work through. Generally, this means we are exploring strange new locations and shooting the locals. Outside of having fun testing and shooting each other everything is approaching completion.

Read full post

Keeping CCP on Trac

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

I apologize in advance for the frivolous nature of this blog in light of our recent operational issues but we have a 40 day plan at the end of which we will have 73% more hamsters powering Tranquility and Kali deployed. Now what I wanted talk about in this blog was completely different. As CCP has grown we have been improving our information systems and processes. We are utilizing the open source project Trac for this purpose, with good results. Now we'd like to see if we could somehow contribut...

Read full post

EveTV & Two Tournaments

By kieron
| Comments

Long time no blog, The EveTV crew has been in preparation mode over the last month or so, and quite a lot of big decisions have been made. We have new experts, new commentators, new content and two whole tournaments to cover. FanFest EveTV will be present at FanFest. We are still looking into doing a live stream from there.

Read full post

More hardware, more fixes and some freeze.

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." Sir Winston Churchill said some interesting things and I believe this one describes our current situation to a certain extent.

Read full post

Can't stop for long...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

Life at CCP these days is pretty hectic - the Graphics Cell is in crunch mode to have something good to show off at the fanfest, and this means long hours every day, and long hours over weekends. Meanwhile, the rest of CCP is working on being feature complete for Kali 1, although certain people who have no remaining jobs have moved on to start work on Kali 2. Nag just got the first Wacom Cintiq 21UX tablet that CCP has bought - a digital drawing pad and monitor all in one.

Read full post