Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for September 2006

Interstellar Services Department Volunteer of the Year, 2006

By kieron
| Comments

It is hard to believe a year has passed since my last blog about a Volunteer of the Year. Certainly a lot has happened in ISD since then, ISD has almost doubled in staff, the Interstellar Correspondents team split off from Aurora, a number of volunteers have left ISD and joined the CCP Team as interns, GMs and Devs, and much more. As much as some things change, some things remain the same.

Read full post

Nessie is the Mother of Invention

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

We’re in the final stages of the next big update (called Revelations) and things are getting quite hectic here at CCP. Blood, Sweat and Tears flow freely and Oveur is getting hairier by the minute. Yet despite this I’m taking time off to write you guys this blog. If that isn’t a sure sign of my affection for y’all I don’t know what is (well, one thing comes to mind, but it involves a lot of lubricants). The subject of today’s blog is the much touted invention system.

Read full post

A story of Elvis and Sigfried

By CCP TomB
| Comments

It's been a long time since I've been able to sit down and write a decent blog, the reason for my inexcusable lack of presence is the current crunch-pretty-hard-time on our next release. But... instead of writing a blog I thought it would be a nice change to spice things up by writing a story, so enjoy. Elvis The Explorer does some exploration, he flies around in systems and scans for gold. He finds something called "Deadspace Signature"... He warps there and gets instantly killed by flying over...

Read full post

The focus of Kali 1 versus Kali 2

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Thought I should put a few lines on the focus, since I'm seeing a lot of threads about it on the forums. This is, of course, a byproduct of many people blogging and the authors talking about what they are working on and what they feel to be interesting. It's also a side-effect that blogs are taken very seriously, which they shouldn't really be as they are blogs.

Read full post

Kali Testing

By Mephysto
| Comments

In the last few weeks, most of us in QA have been working on the early versions of the Kali client. We don’t have a public build for this yet, as many of the features are still being worked on. Also, Singularity is being used for the testing of the fixes that Sharkbait has blogged about recently.

Read full post

EON#5 magazine; landing on planets and doormats soon

By Zapatero
| Comments

A rundown of what’s to be featured in E-ON#5 is now online, along with the cover image (by CCP’s Lead Concept Artist, no less), which clearly alludes to the big story this issue actually being a story, which is sure to please the Library forum regulars and irk those hoping for some more far-future speculation on EVE over the coming years.

Read full post

TQ health status

By CCP Sharkbait
| Comments

Just thought I would go through what's happening regarding the current TQ problems and share the information that I have. We are losing a lot of nodes over a 23 hour period. Ideally we do not want to lose any, perhaps 1-2 at most. For the last few weeks, we've lost up to as many as 20 nodes.

Read full post

With a side order of economics, please...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

In General... It's been a while since my last blog, and a lot of stuff has been going on - I've gone and broken all of our new content in our "Vista Extreme" development code branch in order to get us to the structure we originally designed in marker pen on our full length office windows.

Read full post

You always pass failure on the way to success

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Mickey Rooney said that and that's how EVE feels these days. EVE has been successful and the latest 30K record shows that. This was however overshadowed with the state Tranquility is in. We'd like to shed some light on those and make sure you know we're still here and working on addressing the problems. Dragon fixed a lot of issues with stability and load balancing but it also brought in some new problems.

Read full post

Life Continues...

By Mephysto
| Comments

So, what've I been doing lately? Well, apart from the usual stuff, I spent last week travelling to/from and staying in Austin for the Game Conference there. This was the first time I had been to a conference, and it was an interesting time. Learned a few things I didnt expect, had my eyes opened to a few more things, and gathered a large number of ideas that I want to try and incorporate into QA.

Read full post

WTS E-ON #001

By Zapatero
| Comments

When E-ON first came into being, EVE Online boasted something around 57,000 subscribers… I think. While I can’t be too sure on the numbers, but the number of active subscriptions was certainly far below the 140,000 figure that was recently announced to the world.

Read full post

Post Vacation Thoughts

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

I'm back from vacation now. Actually it has been about a week now. What have I been doing since then? Well nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid, just fixing some stuff, talking to programmers and trying to get my big projects in order. But even though I haven't been working doesn't mean that I've stopped thinking about work.

Read full post