Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for August 2006

Patch delays and the Birthday Paradox

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Some of you may have heard of the Birthday Paradox. In short, it's something like this: If you have 23 people in a room, the chance that two of them will share the same birthday exceeds 50%. That is a surprisingly large probability, given that there are 365 days in a year. Well, today the birthday paradox bit us in the arse.

Read full post

Current Issues & The Inbox Monster

By CCP Oveur

As you may have noticed, we've started putting more effort into Known Issues. I like it, because we try to be open about EVE and this is a step forward. I can also see that people feel that after they saw this, there are more bugs in the Dragon patch.

Read full post

Think you have what it takes? CCP is looking for GM Interns!

By kieron
| Comments

Update, 14 September: CCP will be contacting applicants over the next few days with invitations for interviews and job offers. The GM internships will be filled from this batch of applicants. More internships will be available in the future, but this internship offer has closed. The EVE Community is growing and as it does, so does the need for support staff.

Read full post

Why Patch Now? Security, Encryption, Windows 98/SE/ME and Agent System Changes

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

I had been reading the forums for patch feedback and such and after responding to a couple of threads, I think it's a good idea I gather everything into a blog, not only for posterity but simply because a lot of people don't read the forums at all, let alone a thread with a dev answer deep inside it. Why patch Dragon now when the cluster is having so many problems? We're patching Dragon exactly because of the many problems plaguing Tranquility.

Read full post

A contract you can't resist

By CCP Atlas
| Comments

Hello again, We had quite a reaction to my last (and first) dev blog (you should read that before starting this one if you haven't already so you can view things in context). In this blog (don't worry, it'll be considerably shorter than the last) I'll address some of the concerns people have voiced about the upcoming contract system as well as clear some things up that were causing misunderstandings.The contracts team (The C-Team) has spent the last week or so focusing on some of the kinks in th...

Read full post

A Deal is a Deal...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

In my last blog, I said that I might be tempted into posting something about economics, rather than graphics. Well, I figure it's worth the possible embarassment of getting something wrong in order to give you guys something different to mull over. I'd also like to point out that since my last blog, the dev blogs section of this website no longer requires you to log in, which is nice. It's worth noting that I'll probably generally be discussing macroeconomics which is the study of economies as a...

Read full post

kieron's Gencon Diary Blog

By kieron
| Comments

I know I promised a running Dev Blog like the one we had going for E3, but it has been absolutely crazy with the show. I apologize for being late with this, but I'm going to ensure a number of entries before the end. So, with no further ado, here we go. Gencon day minus 2, Travel Today started out with an early morning, 90 minutes of traffic to get to the airport followed by 2 hours time to check in.

Read full post

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Summers tend to be a more relaxed time here at CCP due to vacations and whatnot. The Kali deadline looms ominously closer and closer while CCPers goof around sunbathing, imbibing insane quantities of intoxicants and perverting the general peace and harmony of our community. Well, that’s maybe a bit of an exaggeration – there’s no sun to sunbathe in.

Read full post

Localized Eve

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

CCP is preparing a new patch to be released to Tranquility later this month. The patch is still undergoing tests on the Singularity test server where you can try it out. A German version of the user interface is available in this patch, and we call upon German speakers to try it out and send us feedback if you find the translation not to be accurate.

Read full post

A new Tuxford Blokh,... I mean blog

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

First a bit about tier 3 ships Well it looks like I stirred up quite a lot of emotion with my last blog but that was kind of expected and in reality inevitable. Battleships are pretty balanced right now, players say some of the ships are overpowered and some underpowered but all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Read full post