Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2006

Talking about contracts...

By CCP Atlas
| Comments

I'm Nonni, one of the code monke.. err, programmers working on the new Contract System which will be in the Kali expansion this fall. I thought I'd share some of the features of the system with you guys and let you know what the contract system is supposed to be all about. In short, the contract system is not just a rewrite of the system that it's replacing (namely escrow), but a paradigm shift (yes, I got to use a Dilbertian word!) into a grand new era of formalizing agreements between people (...

Read full post

Look Ma, I'm a Live TV camera man

By Mephysto
| Comments

So, EveTV is now over. I've had alot of fun running one of the in game cameras these last 2 weekends, and I'm also pretty sure that people are much more confident in my abilities after I called the cap transfer a remote armor rep. My excuse is that I normally solo pirate...

Read full post

Little bit about the new battleships

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Well we've been busy lately and we haven't really told you guys what we've been doing. Instead of going through that all in one blog I figured I'd just focus on one thing. That thing is the new tier 3 battleships. The name Tier 3 is mostly just a name that we use to reference these four new battleships.

Read full post

EON #5 and all about it, and stuff

By Zapatero

Those of you eager to take out a new subscription to EON will be pleased to know that the sales page has been updated. You can subscribe from (or buy single issues of) mags #2, #3, #4 or #5 – bearing in mind that #5 won’t be ready for shipping until 6th October.

Read full post

CCP and the EVE CCG at Gencon

By kieron
| Comments

It's been a couple months since my last Dev Blog, and I don't really have anything cool like Redundancy's high-res ship renders or TomB's system scanning preview, but I do have some nifty news about the EVE CCG and Gencon. For those that have missed it, CCP is in the final stages of releasing a Collectible Card Game (CCG) based on this wonderful universe of ours.

Read full post

Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

I can't admit to having been up to much in the time since the last blog I wrote - I made the trip down to Brighton to attend the "Develop" conference, which somehow manages to consume a whole week, plus preparation and the time I'm spending now writing up all the insights, thoughts and meetings that I had there. Unfortunately, there's not much of general interest that I think I can share from the conference.

Read full post

Yawn and strech

By CCP Hammer
| Comments

My eyes are blurry. I’ve been doing a lot of data work this week in preparation for “invention”. One of the aspects of invention is that you’ll be able to use loot you have sitting around to help you try and invent something better. The amount the module helps in the research is based on its quality.

Read full post

Customer Support Update: Mass Replies Dispatched

By CCP Arkanon
| Comments

Hello everyone. I would like to alert all players with outstanding petitions to the fact that we have now sent an automated reply to all petitions in our queue. This is being done for the following reasons: 1. At this point, we are completely overrun and unable to get the situation under control by normal procedures.

Read full post

Confessions of a Married Man

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Thanks to me the Band of Bloggers schedule is all out of whack (though I suspect there are other culprits too lurking around somewhere), turning kieron’s hair gray with worries – oh, wait, he has no hair. Well, if he HAD hair it would be pretty gray by now, I’m sure. But, I have an excellent excuse (yeah yeah, I know, excuses are like ***holes, everybody's got one).

Read full post

What makes a good Bugreport?

By Mephysto
| Comments

Among the suggestions from my last blog were "what makes a good bugreport, and how about some feedback". I'll start with feedback first... I'm currently about 90% through implementing an auto-email system so you will be mailed when your submitted bugreport is dealt with in some manner. These will be fairly basic in their responses, and no doubt there will be disagreements about our assessments of your bugreports and your own assessment . Some things of note about this, and the bug reporting syst...

Read full post