Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for June 2006

Nothing endures but change

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

That's what Heraclitus said, and I tend to agree. If anything can be said about EVE, it's that it has changed considerably over the last 3 years since launch. I began playing EVE in the first closed Alpha, started a corp with my friends at launch and ended up in the ass-end of space gnawing bistot in Punishers.

Read full post

Customer support status report - That way madness lies; ALL ABOARD!

By CCP Arkanon
| Comments

Hello everyone. Here's a (relatively) brief update on the current situation at customer support, for your perusal. We are currently in the process of switching from our old email based support system to a new system, coded from scratch by our trusty old devs. This operation has been going well, but as you can imagine, there are a few kinks that still need to be ironed out, some foreseen, some not.

Read full post

Summer greys

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

We occasionally get days that hint that summer should be here - days like Saturday, when the sky was blue and almost free of clouds (in a way that I tend to think of as typically Icelandic) and I sat on the grassy hillside referred to at the end of Neil Gaiman's American Gods with a double latte, waiting for inspiration on what to write.

Read full post

EveTV - Gonna Happen!

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

We’re in full production now of what promises to be the greatest thing to hit EVE since Long-Limbed Roe hit the market. In July, Eve-Radio will be broadcasting right here from the CCP offices and bringing you over thirty hours of video material, absolutely free of charge. July 14th-23rd will be something quite unique for Eve players.

Read full post

System Scanning

By CCP TomB
| Comments

Diary entry of the monstrously bad-looking developer pt. II I read some rumors that system scanning might get an overhaul in the feedback on my blog on Exploration, so I took up this hammer that is sometimes laying around in our office and did some research on what the hull I’m doing.

Read full post

A Bit About Combat Boosters

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

What are they They are kind of like drugs, they enhance certain modules or attribute of your ship but with the risk of some penalties. We've been calling them combat boosters for now since the modules and attribute they tend to enhance allow you to perform better in combat. Penalties? What penalties? Similar to drugs in real life, the boosters have side effects.

Read full post

STOP! Hammer time...

By CCP Hammer
| Comments

I’m reminded of something Uncle Ben (not the rice guy) once said; with great power, comes great responsibility. Invention & Reverse Engineering, Salvaging & Ship Rigging, Factional Warfare and Player Corp Securities Market all have the ability to be a lot of fun but could also screw up the subtle balance we’re always trying so hard to achieve.

Read full post

read all about it, read all about it -- EON #4 is almost ready to fly

By Zapatero

The World Cup is in full swing (that Italy V USA game was a cracker, eh readers), the sun is beaming through my open window and here I am, frantically trying to pull together the last strings that will bind another issue of EON (info clicky). Anyway, you may like to know that the magazine is now available to pre-order and will be bagged and posted on July 7th, along with a free double-sided poster for all current subscribers and those who start an annual subscription from #3 or #4.

Read full post

Alliance Tournaments and EveTV

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Hello, my name is LeMonde and I joined the content department in early 2005. So far I have been responsible for bringing you the titan event, the riddle competition and the first alliance PVP tournament, as well as a hand in a number of agent missions and other content. At the end of last year, we held the first Alliance PVP tournament.

Read full post

Concerning Bugreports

By Mephysto
| Comments

Bug Reports. Ah yes, lovely, lovely bugreports. Having been a bughunter for over a year prior to joining CCP, I have extensive experience with all the bugreports sent in. Periodically I see forum threads asking why there is no responses regarding the status of a bugreport, whether anyone actually reads them, and why there is no way to submit them ingame.

Read full post

Letters from the editor

By Gnauton
| Comments

Hi guys, I’m gonna pound out a few words about the main projects I’m working on these days. I pondered doing a playlist thing like t20 did with his blog, but the new Aphex Twin is pretty much the only thing I’m listening to these days. (Incidentally, if you like music, you should go pick it up.) Main things right now are: • Story outline for the Path to Kali As most of our long-suffering, battle-hardened roleplayers know, we’ve generally tried to maintain a certain open-endedness when it comes t...

Read full post

Odd man out

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

The last time I blogged, I was right in the middle of the E3 crunch addressing concerns about the Vista client. This time, I'm hoping I can hit on some more fun topics without causing a scandal. One thing we noticed is that people have been wondering where all the Minmatar ships have gone; They were curiously absent from the ships shown at E3, but the reason isn't that all devs like Amarr best.

Read full post

Where do we go from here?

By CCP t20
| Comments

Who, What, Where? Currently Playing: Dogzilla - Without You (Dogzilla Dub) Most of you know me as the "webdude" along with Alli ... well, about 2 months ago, I was given the opportunity to fill in a position, more challenging than the position I was holding back then and I took it with both hands (the prior was as rewarding and fun though :p).

Read full post

Little bit about forums and little bit about whats to come

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

In the spirit of blog I'm gonna write about myself in this blog. Lately I've been reading the forums a lot. I see a trend coming where half the threads are addressed "Tux fix that". First I'd like to say is that I'm in fact not the only dev, I guess I'm just a bit more visible than some others. The second thing I wanted to say is that even if your thread doesn't have a yellow bar next to it, doesn't mean that I haven't noticed it.

Read full post

What has Hammerhead been up to lately?

By CCP Hammer
| Comments

I'm going to keep this short and sweet since it's our plan to start blogging a lot more often. Well I was stuck in America after I lost my passport on the trip to E3 (I know, idiot...). After I landed back in Iceland I found out they lost my luggage. Then I got back to the office and found out my desk was moved but none of my stuff was moved and I'd have to set it all up myself. Once I got settled in again I went to work on the usual stuff.

Read full post

Making Mini-Professions Major

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Why are mini-professions called mini-professions and not just professions? Honestly, I dunno, the original concept for them was a minor skill tree that allowed players to branch their characters out better. Maybe it was that we were all playing WoW at the time and didn’t want to confuse our professions with theirs.

Read full post