Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2006

CCP Games - Not so small anymore

By kieron
| Comments

Three years! EVE Online recently celebrated the third anniversary of her launch and is showing no signs of slowing down. We are rapidly approaching 125k active subscriptions, broke the concurrent user record again (over 26k players online at the same time) and Serenity opening to the public is in the near future. CCP Games has been keeping pace with the growth of EVE and the EVE community.

Read full post

Exploration: Lack Of Content

By CCP TomB
| Comments

Diary entry of the monstrously bad-looking developer pt. I The world we created still feels a little bit dull for players that are not much into PvP, alliance operations & politics and other activities that don’t involve other players. The group of players that come in mind that feel this lack are mostly the new comers and solo players.

Read full post

Patches

By Mephysto
| Comments

Looks like I get to go first with the new regular devblogs. Wish I had some real news . Content and Programmers get all the sexy new stuff to talk about, so I'll address one of the issues I've seen on the forums recently: the lack of bug fixes reaching TQ recently. This actually has little to do with China, despite popular belief.

Read full post

EON #4 magazine - coming July

By Zapatero
| Comments

The third issue of EON magazine seems to have gone down well and with CCP heading back from E3, it's time for me to start cracking the whip on my pack of trusty freelancers and start ribbing CCP for information to fill EON numero four. My aim, as ever, is to ensure the next EVE magazine is better than all that have preceeded it - combined (an increasingly difficult task, but what the hell). So I must unavoidably turn again to the ever-expanding EVE community to provide the corp ads that will ado...

Read full post

The path forward - EVE Voice, Lite, Vista, Kali and World Domination

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

We're back from E3 and it's time to spill the beans. I've been checking the forums and the speculation has gone rampant. Accusations are flying back and forth, the main message of course being us in our featured role as the root of all evil, cause of world hunger, and so on and so forth :) E3 and the information released The first thing which came up was the fact that we released information to the press first at E3.

Read full post

Developers' Diary, E3 '06

By kieron
| Comments

The Electronic Entertainment Expo, a three day orgy of new hardware, software, sensory overload, sights, sounds and milling masses of people. For those in the industry, it is a huge marketing and networking opportunity. For gamers, it is akin to heaven with its games, swag, booth babes, and a chance to mingle with Developers. For the first time in three years, CCP has a booth at E3.

Read full post

Shiny new nerfbat is locked and loaded

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Greetings, my name is Tuxford. I've been working with TomB and Hammerhead for almost a year now. As you may have read in his recent dev blog, TomB has been promoted to the position of lead game designer and has passed the bat over to me.

Read full post