Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for April 2006

What's up in QA

By Mephysto
| Comments

Ok, so QA has been locked in the dungeon and whipped half to death to get the Serenity code (China code) up to scratch and relatively bugfree in the last couple of weeks (we worked a total of 23 hours over last weekend). In our 'free' time, i.e. the 5 minutes while the test servers are having their 23rd patch of the day, we're busy keeping our characters going on tq (come on, solo-mining in a 0.4 system? Its wrong NOT to pod you...). Of course, some of our TQ players have come to believe we are ...

Read full post

Bit on the past, the present and the future

By CCP TomB
| Comments

As you might have read in last week's blog that Kjartan posted, we have had some changes in the design department of CCP. Since last year, my presence on the Ship & Module forum has diminished because of increased responsibility. Kjartan is now moving to our Shanghai based office for the EVE release in China and I have been promoted to EVE Lead Designer.

Read full post

A little thing called Vista ...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

If you're not an EON subscriber, or you haven't received your copy yet, you may not be aware we've announced that we're working on a number of graphics upgrades to Eve, including a client with a completely new graphics engine designed for DX10 and Windows Vista.

Read full post

Big in China

By LeKjart
| Comments

As you might remember from accounts of the last FanFest, we have been working on a Chinese version of EVE Online for some time now. We have been doing so in partnership with Optic Communications, which is one of China's online game operator (see announcement).

Read full post

Searching for something?

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

How many posts are there on the forums asking about a search function on the EVE website? People tell me there are alot! During Fan Fest 2005 Hellmar revealed in his Key Note presentation that the EVE websites and forums would have a search function pretty soon.

Read full post

Random thoughts from QA...

By Mephysto
| Comments

Who am I? My name is Stuart 'Mephysto' Webb, and I'm one of the Testers in the QA Department. I used to be a bughunter from May 2004, and I joined CCP's QA team last August. I thought I'd share with you a few facts and figures about the QA dept and the work we do on Eve... The normal day here is 8hrs like most working people, although you can generally find at least 2 members of QA in the office at any time from 8am to 8pm, and sometimes even later, as well as a fair number other devs.

Read full post

Where's Oveur and kieron, Viva Las Vegas and What's New?

By kieron
| Comments

Wow, it has been a busy and long few weeks since the Las Vegas player gathering. Oveur returned to Iceland with a pneumonea and is still recovering from his illness, I had another procedure on 29 March to remove the hardware and repair damage done to my left hand caused by a motorcycle accident on Christmas night.

Read full post