Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2006

The Power of 2

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

We have been seeing requests popping up on various communication channels about doing an EVE^2 promotion again. The requests are usually linked to the new character creation options that will be available with Thursday's Blood release. To accommodate these requests we will offer "The Power of 2" promotion again (identical to the promotion we ran in September 2004) in conjunction with the release of Blood (poised to hit our newly upgraded Tranquility server on Thursday). Based on our previous exp...

Read full post

EVE's rapid growth

By GM Zworm
| Comments

Hi there, GM Zworm here reporting from support HQ. EVE is growing rapidly at the moment and it really amazed me as I went through the billing queue today, to find out how many players are asking for trial cd-keys and how many old customers are returning to EVE. I just wanted to bring this issue up for future reference as I believe that this is very important.

Read full post

Is it me or is the new Tranquility cluster suave? And a lot of skillpoints

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Well, this upgrade went according to plan. Ok, not according to plan, it went a lot better than planned and for a while we were wondering if we were really CCP anymore, delivering before the schedule. We're at least grateful that this upgrade was the one Mr. Murphy took a vacation from and we think you'll agree. It hasn't been a completely smooth road though.

Read full post

It's Monday again ... and the new Tranquility is about to rise

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

It's been an interesting week resulting in the dreaded Monday being back again (I really really don't like Mondays). The focus was on testing Blood and installing and testing all the new hardware for the new Tranquility cluster. It's all moving forward, which is good, but we would have liked to get Blood deployed before the hardware upgrades because it includes a lot of fixes.

Read full post

Blood is inherited and virtue is acquired

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

I found this Venezuelan Proverb quite fitting for our new release, Blood. As the name suggests, it introduces the long-awaited Bloodlines. If you are like me and can't wait to start a new character with them, I'd suggest you check them out on Singularity. Some have already started doing so and a discussion on "hawt chix", "O RLY" facial expressions and, of course, the attributes of the new Bloodlines is underway here. There isn't very much else in Blood - well, except for some fixes and optimiza...

Read full post

A big weekend for EVE Online

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

Last Saturday at 17:39:08 the one-hundred-thousandth subscriber signed up for EVE Online. Yes, our little game is not so small any more now that the 100.000 subscriber mark has been surpassed. On Sunday we had 23.178 players logged on at the same time. These two milestones further underline the fact that EVE has outgrown its current hardware architecture.

Read full post

EON #003 advertising

By Zapatero
| Comments

…And so our thoughts must inevitably drift towards the third issue of EON magazine, specifically what to print across each of those 76 silky-smooth pages that currently lay like virgin snow before us. Actually we’ve pretty much decided what will be in there; a lot of content is actually well underway.

Read full post