Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for January 2006

Attention, cheaters: Cheating is not allowed!

By CCP Arkanon
| Comments

GM Arkanon here, screaming incoherently, although somewhat muffled by an ever growing mountain of petitions. Although we're generally so busy these days that we hardly have time to play our usual 18 holes of Jovian minigolf at lunchtime, I would like to take a moment to address the issue of online trading of ingame items, as many users seem to be unaware of our policy in these matters. As most of you probably know all trading of ingame items using real currency is forbidden, as detailed in our E...

Read full post

Eve data export, RMR Edition

By CCP t20
| Comments

I present you with an updated RMRof data from eve. The data is sql/csv data, all datafiles have an extra line as a header, defining the columnname. Most of the images come in four flavours, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128 and 256x256. The icons from our own itemdatabase come in black only for now, more colours will be added later.

Yaaaaarrrdwaaaaaare aka New Server Cluster - YAY!

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

I've mentioned before that we have bought a new server cluster for Tranquility, but I haven't gone into any detail. It's a long road of testing, testing and then more testing to be able to reach the point where we can order a new Tranquility - and then there is some more testing! The main considerations this time around were if 64-bit processors would run our 32-bit code better than our current 32-bit 2.8 GHz XEON processors.

Read full post

Happy Dev Petition Day

By CCP Oveur

It's been an interesting day here at CCP. Due to all the petitions and e-mails about various bugs and issues following RMR - much of which was due to the fact that various players did not have recent e-mail addresses registered - our support queues have grown quite big these last five days, so much that our team of 20 GMs aren't able to cope. Therefore, as result of the patch having been deployed, we decided to put all the free dev team members into helping the GM team out with solving petitions...

Read full post

Thank God it's not Friday

By CCP Arkanon

We've had bad days before, but last Friday was truly a massive blow to our aspirations of clearing up the final remnants of the RMR queue this week. On Friday alone, we received almost three thousand emails from customers who had not updated their email addresses and needed us to do so for them, in wake of the password reset.

Read full post