Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for 2006

A pensive moment...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

Wow. It's certainly been a while since I last blogged, so I'll try and make amends without going overboard. The Christmas wind-down is upon us, the fanfest is over, the merger announced, the patch out. This is never to say that things can't get lively around the office - just this week there's been two incidents of people running around screaming and pulling their hair out that I've been involved in; One has involved our attempts to sort out forum portrait rendering, and the other was a nasty su...

Read full post

Web cell revival, hallelujah!

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Hello and welcome to my first blog! My dev name is Garthagk and I will be your guide on today's tour. First a bit of introduction. Those of you who were at Fanfest this year might have heard Halldór talking about how CCP is organized into small groups of programmers called "cells". Well, I'm the newest member of the Web Cell.

Read full post

Offline is where it's at (EON#006 and other stories)

By Zapatero
| Comments

Extra-EVE activities are high on the agenda this weekend, what with the Eve-TV cameras rolling for the start of another three days of passive-aggressive EVE entertainment. Good luck to those behind mics, lenses, dials and buttons, but especially to the Alliance teams taking part – particularly the ones I have a soft spot for (both of which seem about as likely to progress onto better things as spiralJunkie’s stylist).

Read full post

Eve Data Export, The Continuation of an epic saga

By CCP t20
| Comments

I present you with an updated batch of data from EVE. For you who know already what this is, you shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out what has changed. For those that are not familiar with this particular export, I recommend reading my first devblog (you can't buy this as a chemistry set in the toystore, sorry) and the helper thread where many of your predecessors and mentors have helped each other out in the quest for eternal glory and men in tights.

Read full post

Character Creation & the EVE New Player Experience

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

This dev blog is dedicated to the character creation part of the second of a total of three major upgrades scheduled for EVE’s new player experience – The basic tutorials and introduction being the first, the character creation and the first batch of informative tutorials being the second and the COSMOS project and the second batch of informative tutorials being the third (slated for 2007). 1- The Character Creation There have been a number of misconceptions floating around, as well as some actu...

Read full post

This and that

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Hi I'm the friendly content developer Tuxford. I've been busy these last months and haven't really been focusing my efforts on communicating with the playerbase. The time I do go to the forums and post my answers may seem a bit short and lack a bit of solid information. I have however been keeping an eye on the forums and hope to address some of your concerns now. It's always better to address concerns in blogs, forums have so much volume that answers disappear the day after and we simply can't ...

Read full post

Walking in stations

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

As many of you have probably heard, either at the Fanfest last weekend or in the forums, we are working on a system to render and animate full-body characters within EVE.

Read full post

From beer to eternity

By Zapatero
| Comments

Although it was more difficult to stay in the shadows at this year's Fan Fest, I managed to emerge with much of my anonymity intact – although emerging with any degree of self-respect could be tricky once the late night transmissions from Eve-TV are leaked out.

Read full post

Gangs of New Eden

By CCP TomB
| Comments

The gang system has gone under an overhaul that is rumored to be bigger than my own ego. But if you know me in person you will see that... IT IS NOT TRUE. But it is fun, while I am not, and that really matters when you have traveled far into empty space. The Gang The old gang still exists as you know it and is formed in the same way as it always has been.

Read full post

Kali Testing Pt2: The Bugs Strike Back.

By Mephysto
| Comments

When last we left our intrepid adventurers, they were hip deep in Testing Tasks and getting deeper by the hour. After a huge amount of effort, we have beaten back the invading Testing Task hordes to a more manageable level. Their numbers dwindling daily from the heroic efforts of the team.... Then public testing began on Singularity. Once more the mighty adventurers find themselves hip deep in something.

Read full post

Fanfest Tournament Sign up!

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

For those going to FanFest, you can now sign up for either the CCG tournament or EVE Online tournament here. Remember that you cannot sign up for both tournaments. They happen simultaneously and players will not have time to compete in both. There are a total of 64 slots open in the CCG tournament, and 128 for the PvP tournament.

Read full post

More hardwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Yes, it's time for more of that. The first upgrade is on the 1st of November as you might know already, we're adding more internet backbones, both to add more capacity but also to offer you multiple routes to access Tranquility (called multi-homing).

Read full post

News From Dynamic Valley

By Gnauton
| Comments

Hi everyone, Quite a few things to announce from dynamic content’s little corner of the CCP offices. More people have been added to the dynamic team, among them a fiercely prolific Chronicle and short story writer with serious skills (who has provided us with a one-story-a-week release pipeline through the new year), and a dedicated Events Coordinator who will oversee and supervise events, helping us put out a more regular events schedule which will utilize the 18 CCP staffers who have expressed...

Read full post

We're jammin, I hope you like jammin, too.

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

ECM changes Before I tell you what changes we're going to make, let's go over what's wrong with ECM to begin with. In my opinion there is not much wrong with dedicated ECM ships. They are very powerful and can lockdown multiple opponents but they are very vulnerable. Anyone that has failed a jam in one of these ships knows how fast they go down.

Read full post

QA Update

By Mephysto
| Comments

QA is now well into crunch mode, working on the new content for Kali which is now just about feature complete but there are still bugs and more testing to work through. Generally, this means we are exploring strange new locations and shooting the locals. Outside of having fun testing and shooting each other everything is approaching completion.

Read full post

Keeping CCP on Trac

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

I apologize in advance for the frivolous nature of this blog in light of our recent operational issues but we have a 40 day plan at the end of which we will have 73% more hamsters powering Tranquility and Kali deployed. Now what I wanted talk about in this blog was completely different. As CCP has grown we have been improving our information systems and processes. We are utilizing the open source project Trac for this purpose, with good results. Now we'd like to see if we could somehow contribut...

Read full post

EveTV & Two Tournaments

By kieron
| Comments

Long time no blog, The EveTV crew has been in preparation mode over the last month or so, and quite a lot of big decisions have been made. We have new experts, new commentators, new content and two whole tournaments to cover. FanFest EveTV will be present at FanFest. We are still looking into doing a live stream from there.

Read full post

More hardware, more fixes and some freeze.

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." Sir Winston Churchill said some interesting things and I believe this one describes our current situation to a certain extent.

Read full post

Can't stop for long...

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

Life at CCP these days is pretty hectic - the Graphics Cell is in crunch mode to have something good to show off at the fanfest, and this means long hours every day, and long hours over weekends. Meanwhile, the rest of CCP is working on being feature complete for Kali 1, although certain people who have no remaining jobs have moved on to start work on Kali 2. Nag just got the first Wacom Cintiq 21UX tablet that CCP has bought - a digital drawing pad and monitor all in one.

Read full post

Interstellar Services Department Volunteer of the Year, 2006

By kieron
| Comments

It is hard to believe a year has passed since my last blog about a Volunteer of the Year. Certainly a lot has happened in ISD since then, ISD has almost doubled in staff, the Interstellar Correspondents team split off from Aurora, a number of volunteers have left ISD and joined the CCP Team as interns, GMs and Devs, and much more. As much as some things change, some things remain the same.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next