Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for November 2005

Carriers and Motherships and also Titans

By CCP TomB

The moment you have all been waiting for is not now, it won't quite be when Red Moon Rising launches, but it will be shortly there after. It's the moment you have finally managed to manufacture one of these ships and getting ready to take it out for a test flight. Carriers Carriers are huge vessels with massive drone bay.

Read full post

EON Issue #002: bigger, better, faster - pre-orders available now!

By Zapatero

The second issue of E-ON is now available for pre-order. The magazine is scheduled for publication early in January 2006, which means buyers can expect to receive their copies sometime before 2007 (j/k). Let’s not beat about the bush, the late arrival of the magazine was something of a disappointment for quite a few people.

Read full post

EON magazine: Advertising

By Zapatero

I would like to mention our revised plans for corp and alliance advertising within the magazine: You may remember that prior to Issue #001 we offered ‘free’ ads and planned to charge real cash money for ads in all subsequent issues? Well, we’ve decided to change that slightly by charging in-game ISK for all advertising from here on in. If you, your website, your corp, or alliance, would like to advertise your services, find recruits or just boast of your achievements, here’s what you must do: **...

Read full post

This is the place I call home...

By CCP Redundancy

It's been some time now since we put in starbases. We're fairly happy with how things have turned out because it was a huge thing to put into the game, but as is usually the case, there are still a few things that need ironing out and developing further. One of the things that needs addressing is how sovereignty wars are fought; It's just not that fun when you're sitting in your home system, maybe thinking about that Outpost that it would be nice to buy, when someone comes along with a swarm of ...

Read full post

NPC changes on the Test Server

By CCP TomB

There have been a number of changes and improvements made to the NPC system which can be tested in a semi-primitive state on the Test Server. It's expected that some bugs and imbalance will be found, when they are found and reported, we'll drag 'em out back and shoot 'em. Player testing and feedback is highly desired, we urge anyone who has a little free time or currently being camped to test these changes and leave feedback.

Read full post

*New* Stacking Changes on Sisi

By CCP TomB

Test Server (SiSi, Singularity, BFC and so on) just opened today with some candy made by CCP, among them is a brand new stacking change to check out. The change from the current known stacking limitations are in the calculations made to modules listed with a loss of effectiveness when stacked too many times. In small details: stacking two to three modules now become more efficient than you currently see on Tranquility, four being about the same as they are now, while the efficiency of five or mo...

Read full post

When are names offensive?

By CCP Oveur

We've been very busy working on our new content expansion, which is scheduled for December. But a very unfortunate incident occurred recently that has spun out of control. If you guessed this is concerning 4S and SAS, you guessed correct. This all started some days ago when a junior night shift GM changed the names of these corporations based on petitions.

Read full post

Recent Name Changes and Decisions

By kieron

Recently, the names of two player corporations were changed as the result of petitions filed by players. The changes resulted in an amount of controversy, forum posts, petitions, and IRC discussion. The name change applied to the corporation SAS was done mistakenly and will be reverted. The change was applied without consultation of GMs in the position to make such a decision. The name change given to 4S will not be reverted.

Read full post

Optimizations, optimizations, optimizations

By CCP Oveur

We've been reading a lot on the forums lately on bashing this and that decision because of various reasons but mostly because of optimizations, which is quite new. Now me being the troll that I am, I was itching to reply to most of them. However, sense had the better of me since supposedly I'm the one that has to look remotely intelligent and respectful being the Producer of EVE.

Read full post

Tux does the math on drones

By CCP Tuxford

Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the new drone reduction proposal. So for your convenience I'm going to make a few examples about popular ships and how this effects them. Another misunderstanding, which is mostly my fault is that the ship bonuses that used to be control bonuses give bonus to all damage types.

Read full post