Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for October 2005

These are not the drones.... haven't we done this title already?

By CCP Tuxford

What's wrong with the drones we do have? Well there is nothing really wrong with them, they are just very limited. They don't really do anything other than kill stuff or mine stuff. They are not even that flexible at doing that, there is no way to for example increase the damage drones do, or their speed or anything really. So what's being added then? New drones, combat, logistic and EWAR.

Read full post

We Need Your Fanfest Pictures™

By CCP t20

As people are pouring into the office after an eventful weekend, Reykjavík awakens slowly, messenger pop-ups show a decaying trend in awareness that it’s actually “the Monday after”. What might have happened this weekend for people to be so generally slow and blurt out “awww … my head”? Was all this just a dream? That's why we need your help. The first pressing need is for photographs to illustrate a special section we'll be publishing with the best pictures you all send in.

Read full post

YARRBQ - My fanfest experience, Red Moon Rising, Kali and China

By CCP Oveur

The second EVE Fanfest is over, people are flying home and I already miss all of the attendees. I met so many people from all over the world and I wish we could have had more time to talk and drink - incidentally, the latter was used by some groups of players to gank me to their tables :) Ok ...

Read full post

Dude, where's my plot?

By Gnauton

There has been very little movement in the game’s official storyline in recent months, leading to raised voices among players for whom story and plot constitute a large part of the game’s enjoyment. The purpose of this blog is therefore twofold: one, to give you guys a little insight into Content’s current situation and where we’re headed; and two, to make it clear that we have not forgotten about the storyline and do indeed intend to pick up the threads where they’ve been left off. Here’s the s...

Read full post

Combat Revisited - Increased Defenses

By CCP Oveur

We're doing a lot of stuff these days and I figured we should tell you about one of the projects. Combat revisited, as can be seen in the In Development section, is now well underway. We're not doing all of what is in there, but this is the start and we wanted to begin with increased defenses. Active Shield and Armor Hardeners now have Passive Hardening in Inactive States There are 8 new skills which enable this Passive Hardening.

Read full post