Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for August 2005

Alternate Client download solutions

By CCP Hellmar

Long time no dev blog... Well, we are trying out some alternate download solutions and though I'd ask you for some help. If you're willing to help, then please head over to our download page and try each of the links, make it run for a couple of minutes and note down your transfer rates for each option here as comments to the blog, accompanied by your location in the world. This would help us greatly in evaluating the effectiveness of our different download solutions based on the various regions...

Read full post

Sound off like you've got a pair

By CCP Oveur

I like movies, they often give you inspiration and occasionally reminders on what to do and what not to do. The title here is from Full Metal Jacket and reminded me that I was going to do more blogs and not necessarily about anything incredibly important. We're wrapping up a massive fix patch which we aim to release on next Tuesday in an extended downtime.

Read full post

E-ON: So close, you can almost read it

By Zapatero

I’m pleased to announce that the first issue of E-ON is close to completion and will be going to press next month with a view to mailing out issues October 1st. Pre-orders and discounted annual subscriptions are available through the EVE Online Store As you can see the cover feature for Issue #1 focuses on ‘Kali’, specifically Titans and Carriers; the two big new mommas that will be completing the line-up of Capital Class ships.

Read full post

Where art thou, EXODUS features and bugfixing? Why KALI now?

By CCP Oveur

I've been reading a lot up on the forums and replies to the latest blog. As a result I'd like to answer a number of those questions encountered to clarify a number of things regarding missing EXODUS features, bugfixing/stability/performance and why we are starting KALI now. ...

Read full post

The beast awakens, lets get ready to rumble

By CCP Oveur

It's been very quiet the last couple of weeks at CCP offices. The reason for this is that we put most of the staff on mandatory vacation during the last weeks of July. Might sound crazy to you but the explanation is simple and there are two main reasons for it. First of all, we wanted to minize the effect of summer vacations on productivity at CCP.

Read full post