Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2005

E-ON: your questions answered (some of them anyway)

By Zapatero

Response to the announcement of E-ON has been overwhelmingly positive and more than a little invigorating. We’ve been working in secret on this project for a few months, and now that we have pages being designed and a warm glow inside from reading your comments, things are really shifting into high gear.

Read full post

E-ON: The Official EVE Magazine

By Zapatero

In all the excitement in the run up to the release of the Cold War patch, one story from the latest EVE Newsletter was somewhat lost among talk of Dreadnoughts, Freighters and Outposts; that of the announcement of E-ON, the official EVE Online magazine. First, because many of you are no doubt wondering who I am, I shall introduce myself: My name is Richie Shoemaker and I am the Editor of E-ON.

Read full post

Native speakers wanted

By CCP CAPSLOCK

We are looking for players who are native speakers of Japanese, Korean, Russian or Spanish to review the game keyword glossary translation for those languages. We are working on a localized version of the introduction and tutorial to various languages. Since we don’t know them all, the players’ input into what things should be called in their native language is highly appreciated.

Read full post

Mini-professions

By Talisman

What are the mini-professions? New skills that allow characters to use specialized modules to interact with special objects in game (for now, spawn containers in some complexes). What are those skills? There are two in now: Archaeology and Hacking. Both will receive new skills in the future that branch out from these two.

Read full post

More details on Outposts

By CCP TomB

Outpost Services All Outposts have Medical, Escrow/Bounty/Courier, Fitting and Repair services - other services are limited by Outpost type, here's details on other services and the slot#: Amarr Factory Outpost Factory Slots: 20 Laboratory Slots: 2 Office Slots: 4 Caldari Research Outpost Factory Slots: 2 Laboratory Slots: 20 Office Slots: 8 Gallente Administrative Outpost Factory Slots: 4 Laboratory Slots: 4 Office Slots: 16 Special: Market Minmatar Service Outpostu Factory Slots: 2 Laboratory ...

Read full post

COSMOS Constellations

By CCP CAPSLOCK

The Cold War Edition patch contains a new concept within Eve Online: COSMOS. Simply put, these are constellations within Eve that are populated with unique agents and complexes intended to improve the game's content by making it less generic and including more storyline material. Each of the COSMOS constellations contains agent sites, each of which has a unique story behind it and unique agents.

Read full post

Massive market additions next patch.

By CCP Hammer

Massive market additions next patch. I’ve been spending the last few days adding stuff to the market for the patch on Tuesday. The list is absolutely huge and I wanted to share it with everyone because it’s something that isn’t easy to notice. So without further ado here is the list: New Items Listed (sellable) on the Market.

Read full post