Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for June 2005

Manufacturing Dreadnoughts, Freighters, Outposts

By CCP TomB

It's time to build something huge; the blueprints for Freighters, Dreadnought & Outpost Platforms ain't the most expensive things in the world. But building them is a hassle and the total price to build them will be = a lot. This is what you will need to know before you buy one of the blueprints: Capital Ships Dreadnoughts and Freighters are manufactured using Capital components (Capital Armor Plates, Capital Siege Array, Capital Jump Drive and so on).

Read full post

Dreadnoughts & Jump Drives

By CCP TomB

This is an important read for anyone who wants to build himself a Dreadnought, for private use or for retail, and use its jump drive capabilities. Jumping between solar systems without operating a stargate is limited to ships with build-in jump drives (yup it's not a module), only Dreadnoughts will have these in the upcoming patch. This is the important part: Dreadnoughts are too big for stargates; the only way for them to enter another solar system will be by using jump drives. Jumping into a s...

Read full post

EVE FanFest 2005 Information Available

By kieron

The FanFest Information page is now online and is your one stop location for news, updates and schedules. Iceland Air will be handling travel arrangements with departures from the following countries: France, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Read full post

QA @ CCP – The new QA manager speaks out

By CCP CAPSLOCK

I’m Ulfrr the new QA manager at CCP. I would like to use this opportunity to introduce myself and tell you about some of the forthcoming changes in QA here at CCP. I joined CCP in May and thrilled to be here. I’m 38 years old and been in software development for over 15 years. Most of my working life I’ve been in product development.

Read full post

Misconduct, Resolution and a Promise

By kieron

Most of the time, I have great enjoyment managing the volunteer program, also known as ISD (Interstellar Services Department). However, there are rare occasions where being the Volunteer Manager can be a painful experience. Today was one of those occasions. Today, a volunteer was removed from the ISD program and his play accounts were permanently banned from EVE.

Read full post

Sneak Peaks Part IV - Outposts

By CCP Oveur

This one will probably come as quite a surprise for many, but hey, that's whats so fun about secrets! Anyways, back to Outposts. In this fourth sneak peak of the upcoming Content patch I'm gonna cover the SIKRIT project within CCP which is delivering player built conquerable stations. First, lets look at what Outposts really are.

Read full post