Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2005

Instabookmarks

By CCP Oveur

I have been reading quite a number of threads about instabookmarks the last couple of days, (and some that think I'm an idiot) and was going to reply to this one in the Feature and Ideas forum when I figured I'd do it as a blog.

Read full post

Sneak Peaks Part III - Needful things?

By CCP Oveur

After covering the beginning of the New World Order in Sneak Peaks Part I of the upcoming content patch and COSMOS being covered in Part II, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about some of the "smaller" things which the content patch brings. Features? Well, first, we are sneaking in features which should be considered quite inapropriate since that means a longer QA process.

Read full post

Sneak peaks part II - COSMOS

By CCP Oveur

Many of you are seeing this weird name for the first time, which is not surprising since it has only been dropped a couple of times outside CCP. COSMOS is a long-term project inside CCP, which follows the following statement: COSMOS redefines the landscape of EVE by populating space, a Constellation will be the focal point of each Region, where we create a backstory, utilizing agents, complexes, npc's, environments and mini-professions. This probably doesn't tell you much, but that is what this ...

Read full post

The Missile Overhaul

By CCP TomB

This is an announcement about missiles going under an overhaul which can be tested on the Test Server (known as Singularity or as SISI), it has been expected by many for quite some time where multiple tests were done with the missile system last year. Note that the overhaul is not meant as a nerf to missile users although it will greatly change current gameplay from what you are used to, the change is intended to get missiles balanced into the size-classed combat of EVE with turrets, but still g...

Read full post

Big patch on the horizon, sneak peaks part I

By CCP Oveur

Like I have mentioned a couple of times before, we have a big patch coming up. Many have heard the name the New World Order and that it will feature a number of new capital ships. However, this patch is just the beginning - or ramp up - to what we call internally the real "New World Order".

Read full post