Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2005

The New World Order(ish)

By CCP Oveur

We're working on changing the universe a bit (which is probably an understatement) and one of the things that are changing are the gates, which are in preparation for some storyline changes. This includes removing select highways in empire space and adding/removing a number of gates in 0.0. Since this is quite an operation and can easily disrupt several of the current player ecosystems, I have opened up a way to send suggestions regarding changes to gates outside empire space.

Read full post

CCP@GDC "Drink with the Devs" Party

By kieron

CCP is sending a large delegation to the annual Game Developers Conference being held in San Francisco next month. This year, we are going to do something special. We've booked the 111 Minna Gallery for a "Drink with the Devs" party. The Drink with the Devs will be held on Tuesday, 8 March, in the original Minna Gallery.

Read full post

Electronic & Propulsion Warfare

By CCP TomB

A new gameplay mechanic for the Electronic & Propulsion Warfare system has been planned since early 2004, it’s finally ready and will be updated on to the test server (Singularity) on next scheduled update which is on the 15th of february. The goal with the changes is to add more depth to this part of supportive combat: Making players choose suitable targets based on range and defences.

Read full post

How Do We Extend or Patch EVE?

By CCP Oveur

Following up on the previous forum post, which I copied to a dev blog here below, I'm going to give a little bit of insight in to patch types and how they are deployed. I hope this will get a clearer view of what we can fix and how fast we can deploy them while other thing can take more time to deploy, such as content or new features. Expansions This is the biggest form of addition to the game, that consist of new major features, major content additions, and have major rewrites of systems which ...

Read full post

What Is CCP Doing Now? Fixing Bugs? Adding Content? Eating Sheeps Testicles!

By CCP Oveur

I posted this on the forum a while back, and thought this might be of interest for more of you that don't frequent the forums. EVE-I also posted it so some of you might have seen it there already. I'll just paste the forum reply here below. The sheep testicle part is true however, it's now our annual "Thorrablot" where we eat various sour food, amongst them sour sheep testicles.

Read full post