Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for 2005

A Happy New EON

By Zapatero

Some of you may like to know that the second issue of E-ON is complete and is rolling through the presses. All being well the ink should be dry and magazines will be ready to mail out on 6th January 2006 – a week from now. What this means is that for those who've pre-ordered, you can expect your magazine to be in your hands before the end of the month - probably a good deal earlier. Here’s what will be nestling among the 76 pages of full-colour EVE goodness: COVER STORY: EMPIRES STRIKE BACK A co...

Read full post

Max Headroom

By CCP Hellmar

Greetings EVE Players, long time since I've done a blog... Red Moon Rising is out and as you have probably noticed we are still dealing with issues from the deployment.

Read full post

E-ON Issue #002 is about to print

By kieron

Issue #002 of E-ON goes to the printers Friday and will be shipped 06 January, 2006. This is your last opportunity to gaurantee your copy. Pre-orders for Issue #002 will be accepted until the day the new magazine ships, but once they ship, remaining issues will be sent until stock runs out. This will also be your final opportunity to receive the 'Rare Ship Postcards' only available if you previously subscribed to Issue #001 or start a new subscription to Issue #002. UPDATE: Issue #001 has sold o...

Read full post

E-ON Issue #002 Preview

By kieron

The E-ON Preview page has been updated with the list of content for the latest Issue! Included in this feature are: Digital Communist taking eight Empire Battleships for a test drive, More Chronicles and Comics from worthies such as Istvaan Shogaatsu, Winterblink and Herko Kerghans, The continuation of Kaai's Trading Guide and a Tanking Guide by Nyphur, Player and Dev Interviews, an EVE Collectible Card Game preview, FanFest recap, and much, much more! So what are you waiting for, take a look at...

Read full post

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

By CCP Oveur

Yeah, or as my friend Hammerhead would say; "Boobies?". Well, the last weeks we've been doing a number of interesting things, not just playing with words. Ok, maybe a bit too much playing with words, but that's just because we have 39 new ships in Red Moon Rising. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Lets start 3 weeks back when we were moving into our new offices.

Read full post

Carriers and Motherships and also Titans

By CCP TomB

The moment you have all been waiting for is not now, it won't quite be when Red Moon Rising launches, but it will be shortly there after. It's the moment you have finally managed to manufacture one of these ships and getting ready to take it out for a test flight. Carriers Carriers are huge vessels with massive drone bay.

Read full post

EON Issue #002: bigger, better, faster - pre-orders available now!

By Zapatero

The second issue of E-ON is now available for pre-order. The magazine is scheduled for publication early in January 2006, which means buyers can expect to receive their copies sometime before 2007 (j/k). Let’s not beat about the bush, the late arrival of the magazine was something of a disappointment for quite a few people.

Read full post

EON magazine: Advertising

By Zapatero

I would like to mention our revised plans for corp and alliance advertising within the magazine: You may remember that prior to Issue #001 we offered ‘free’ ads and planned to charge real cash money for ads in all subsequent issues? Well, we’ve decided to change that slightly by charging in-game ISK for all advertising from here on in. If you, your website, your corp, or alliance, would like to advertise your services, find recruits or just boast of your achievements, here’s what you must do: **...

Read full post

This is the place I call home...

By CCP Redundancy

It's been some time now since we put in starbases. We're fairly happy with how things have turned out because it was a huge thing to put into the game, but as is usually the case, there are still a few things that need ironing out and developing further. One of the things that needs addressing is how sovereignty wars are fought; It's just not that fun when you're sitting in your home system, maybe thinking about that Outpost that it would be nice to buy, when someone comes along with a swarm of ...

Read full post

NPC changes on the Test Server

By CCP TomB

There have been a number of changes and improvements made to the NPC system which can be tested in a semi-primitive state on the Test Server. It's expected that some bugs and imbalance will be found, when they are found and reported, we'll drag 'em out back and shoot 'em. Player testing and feedback is highly desired, we urge anyone who has a little free time or currently being camped to test these changes and leave feedback.

Read full post

*New* Stacking Changes on Sisi

By CCP TomB

Test Server (SiSi, Singularity, BFC and so on) just opened today with some candy made by CCP, among them is a brand new stacking change to check out. The change from the current known stacking limitations are in the calculations made to modules listed with a loss of effectiveness when stacked too many times. In small details: stacking two to three modules now become more efficient than you currently see on Tranquility, four being about the same as they are now, while the efficiency of five or mo...

Read full post

When are names offensive?

By CCP Oveur

We've been very busy working on our new content expansion, which is scheduled for December. But a very unfortunate incident occurred recently that has spun out of control. If you guessed this is concerning 4S and SAS, you guessed correct. This all started some days ago when a junior night shift GM changed the names of these corporations based on petitions.

Read full post

Recent Name Changes and Decisions

By kieron

Recently, the names of two player corporations were changed as the result of petitions filed by players. The changes resulted in an amount of controversy, forum posts, petitions, and IRC discussion. The name change applied to the corporation SAS was done mistakenly and will be reverted. The change was applied without consultation of GMs in the position to make such a decision. The name change given to 4S will not be reverted.

Read full post

Optimizations, optimizations, optimizations

By CCP Oveur

We've been reading a lot on the forums lately on bashing this and that decision because of various reasons but mostly because of optimizations, which is quite new. Now me being the troll that I am, I was itching to reply to most of them. However, sense had the better of me since supposedly I'm the one that has to look remotely intelligent and respectful being the Producer of EVE.

Read full post

Tux does the math on drones

By CCP Tuxford

Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the new drone reduction proposal. So for your convenience I'm going to make a few examples about popular ships and how this effects them. Another misunderstanding, which is mostly my fault is that the ship bonuses that used to be control bonuses give bonus to all damage types.

Read full post

These are not the drones.... haven't we done this title already?

By CCP Tuxford

What's wrong with the drones we do have? Well there is nothing really wrong with them, they are just very limited. They don't really do anything other than kill stuff or mine stuff. They are not even that flexible at doing that, there is no way to for example increase the damage drones do, or their speed or anything really. So what's being added then? New drones, combat, logistic and EWAR.

Read full post

We Need Your Fanfest Pictures™

By CCP t20

As people are pouring into the office after an eventful weekend, Reykjavík awakens slowly, messenger pop-ups show a decaying trend in awareness that it’s actually “the Monday after”. What might have happened this weekend for people to be so generally slow and blurt out “awww … my head”? Was all this just a dream? That's why we need your help. The first pressing need is for photographs to illustrate a special section we'll be publishing with the best pictures you all send in.

Read full post

YARRBQ - My fanfest experience, Red Moon Rising, Kali and China

By CCP Oveur

The second EVE Fanfest is over, people are flying home and I already miss all of the attendees. I met so many people from all over the world and I wish we could have had more time to talk and drink - incidentally, the latter was used by some groups of players to gank me to their tables :) Ok ...

Read full post

Dude, where's my plot?

By Gnauton

There has been very little movement in the game’s official storyline in recent months, leading to raised voices among players for whom story and plot constitute a large part of the game’s enjoyment. The purpose of this blog is therefore twofold: one, to give you guys a little insight into Content’s current situation and where we’re headed; and two, to make it clear that we have not forgotten about the storyline and do indeed intend to pick up the threads where they’ve been left off. Here’s the s...

Read full post

Combat Revisited - Increased Defenses

By CCP Oveur

We're doing a lot of stuff these days and I figured we should tell you about one of the projects. Combat revisited, as can be seen in the In Development section, is now well underway. We're not doing all of what is in there, but this is the start and we wanted to begin with increased defenses. Active Shield and Armor Hardeners now have Passive Hardening in Inactive States There are 8 new skills which enable this Passive Hardening.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next