Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for August 2004

Shiva Timeline

By CCP Oveur

This has got to be my most important blog since I started doing them, I spent all yesterday pondering how I should deliver the Shiva timeline as this is to say the least, volatile. Well, I figured a Jedi mindtrick would be the solution: I am not the dev you are looking for Still here? Damnit.

Read full post

New Newsportal Launched

By CCP t20

With more and more stories and storylines developing themselves into the world of eve, we decided it was time for a better newsportal and thus the launch of this new page. This page can be found on the location of the previous newspage of myeve, right here: myeve.eve-online.com. Feast your eyes, post feedback.

Read full post

Castor Timeline

By CCP Oveur

Ladies and gents, the final Castor patch is about to be deployed. Shiva timeline coming up next week. The patch is scheduled for Tuesday the 31st of August. This is the timeline for the closure of the Castor branch: Tuesday August 24th: Castor Patch Release Candidate built and deployed on Entropy Wednesday August 25th: Sputnik used to reinforce Chaos and Chaos updated to the Shiva branch Tuesday August 31st: The final Castor Patch is deployed to Tranquility.

Read full post

Updated Map topology published

By CCP t20

As several people have requested updated data, we republished an updated excel sheet containing all of the info you need to update your existing applications and/or web-based map searching tools. As last year's blog by t0rfiFrans (here) clearly states, this file is provided as-is and is not supported in any way. update: Security statuses added.

Read full post

Did you know that ... ?

By CCP Oveur

I just got an report on Offices and Research Slots, and I really wanted to share the results of these with you, since this is always the center of heated debate. This only covers corporations, not players, hence players not in a corp or slots rented by a player in a corp but not owned by the corp are not included. The top corp rents 298 offices for their 62 members.

Read full post

Got ships? Need more? And it's a Girl!

By CCP Oveur

I'm sorry for my absence, my wife gave birth to a girl last thursday, was an emergency C section so I had to run away. But don't worry! I'm back and wont take any leave until Shiva is out. It won't be long until we'll stop all coding work on the Castor branch, only deploying Tech Level 2 content and critical bug fixes.

Read full post

Oh what a glorious day, patch day

By CCP Oveur

I started the day off with going through the latest defects assigned to the Release candidate where there was a defect that was critical I cancelled the patch deployment. Since we had such a long downtime planned, I decided we'd do the database preparations for the patch and some maintenance meaning when we deploy the patch we wouldn't need 4 hours of downtime. An hour into the downtime the critical defect was fixed and confirmed that it did in indeed fix it.

Read full post

New Tranquility mirror on Chaos and patchnotes coming up

By CCP Oveur

We mirrored Tranquility to Chaos with data from the 4th of august, so all your new spiffy stuff and skills should be there. Patch notes are coming up, they are a bit delayed, I apologize for that, this is mostly a "fix" patch and they are still coming in. Short version is: Fixes and more fixes, Drones fixes/overhaul, TL2 Turrets, some optimizations to loading times (far more to come), cloaking revised and the cruisers all get a second bonus! Elite ships should go into public testing this month.

Read full post

EVE Online Newsletter vol. II

By CCP Hellmar

We are currently sending out the second newsletter in our series of newsletters covering happenings relating to EVE Online. We estimate completing sending all the emails by Monday so if you are at the bottom of the alphabet then ...

Read full post

Fan Fest 2004

By CCP Oveur

The official Fan Fest 2004 page is fiiiiinally up with all the details. Read it here. If you have been comparing prices between the Iceland Airwaves package and the Fan Fest you'll see that the Fan Fest prices are in some cases cheaper even though they include the Fedo ...

Read full post

Experiencing sluggishness after downtime?

By CCP Oveur

In some circumstances you may encounter sluggishness after downtime. This is mainly when you request large amounts of data from the database. The reason for this is that we are adding two 36GB 15KRPM Fibre Channel disks in each downtime to the Data array of the SQL and the array gets a bit sluggish when the are synchronzing in.

Read full post

Wallet Journal Export on Chaos

By CCP Oveur

You can now export your Wallet journal into HTML and CSV files in the latest Chaos client. Take a look at it and give us your comments. We will add more export locations, such as Assets and Market transactions when we have fleshed out the specifics of this one and got the format right. You should see this, at least in its current form, in the next patch.

Read full post