Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for June 2004

On Goes The Wars of Blog: News From The Skill Training Front.

By CCP Oveur

For the last week I've been reading quite a number of threads on us changing skill training. It's quite fun, especially since I didn't know we were changing it. Sure, as Hellmar says in the CSM, we have discussed it because the "gap" has been brought up quite a number of times on the forums. But that's about it.

Read full post

The Attack of Oveurs Killer Trivial Clone Blog Wars

By CCP Oveur

Since the last Council of Stellar Management gave me an excuse to start blogging about ideas, my opinion and other trivial stuff, I guess I'll start. At least until I'm asked to stop. Well, probably not even then :) I also have alterior motives behind doing this.

Read full post

Accuracy and Turret Balance

By CCP TomB

Last patch was the hardest patch in the balancing because of the dramatic accuracy changes that did not get enough testing before it was rushed out to Tranquility. We sincerely apoligize for the current state of turret accuracy, since the patch we had been working on hot-fixes for various problems and working day + night on solving the accuracy problem. We have updated the Testing Server (Entropy) with changes to the accuracy as well as other turret balance changes.

Read full post

Shiva Feature Pages

By CCP Oveur

Since many of you wanted early release of the Shiva Feature Pages, we decided to finish up the pages that were closest to completion. Just keep in mind when you read them, they are all subject to change depending on revised designs and playtestings, some things might even be delayed beyond Shiva to be able to deliver the most important features on time. We will be adding new sections, screenshots, concept art and design schematics when we feel they are close to our desired goals for the individu...

Read full post

Upcoming Change to Facility Pricing

By Eight

As a simple measure with the intent of reducing the hoarding of Facilities (Offices, Research Slots, Factories) the prices NPCs charge for each facility will soon respond to demand. We will be watching the effects this has on availability and pricing, tuning parameters as needed. To start with however: There is a base price below which the price will not fall.

Read full post