Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for March 2004

SMS notifications from EVE

By CCP Hellmar

We stumbled on a easy way to do SMS notifications from EVE in co-operation with our hosting and service partner Síminn. What this mean is that you could get SMS notifications for various events in EVE, skill training, evemail, station attack, corp application, market match, etc. Now before we start doing any actual development around this I would like to know if anyone would be interested in this.

Read full post

Where were you when EVE Online broke 8k?

By CCP Hellmar

Now it has become evident that with the recent FilePlanet trial promo and the recent immigration of our friends from EnB that we are going to top 8k tomorrow. I just wanted to remind everyone to login to EVE tomorrow around 21:00 GMT to be a part of gaming history. After some research on the matter we can fully state that 8k Simultaneous players in the same persistent state 3D world, is a world record.

Read full post

ISD:STAR player support

By CCP Hellmar

As some of you might now, EVE has a good deal of excellent volunteers that help us with a myriad of things like: Board Moderation (ISD:CRC) Bug hunting (ISD:BH) Events (ISD:AURORA) Player Support (ISD:STAR) Eve would not be what it is today without the selfless efforts of our volunteers. *RESPECT* Now, throughout the development of Eve we have been very busy at times and not able to give our volunteers the tools and attention they so truly deserve.

Read full post

Clean up you cans please

By CCP Hellmar

This is a friendly plea to can owners in >=0.8 sec space. As you might have noticed we have a high influx of new players to EVE this weekend. That trend is expected to continue for the next weeks. We have made it impossible to anchor new cans and are gearing up for unanchoring the existing ones, with all the potential resource loss for the owners. So please unanchor voluntarily, I hate for you to loose your cans in the commotion that is bound to happen after we categorically unanchor all cans in...

Read full post

adopt-a-n00b

By CCP Hellmar

We have been toying with a little idea to increase the incentive for older players to help new players. The idea goes as this: When a new account turns 10 days old we check the main character of that account. If it is in a player corp, the corporation would get 500.000 isk if the character has been with them for 2 days and a 100.000 extra each day after that, capped at 1.000.000 This would make it a viable business to be a player run school corp in the game.

Read full post

7343@20:40

By CCP Hellmar

As EVE-I:COM's excellent server monitor was down this evening I though I'd let you know that we upped the record a little bit this evening.

Read full post

EVE Store

By CCP Hellmar

Most of you probably know this already but now we have an EVE Store Among the goods sold there are these nice T-Shirts And these posters, whose quality is too exquisite for words. Update, we just added our elusive Game Time Cards

Read full post

Mad props to EVE Radio

By CCP Hellmar

This is just too funny! http://www.eve-radio.com/djadverts/dearccp.mp3 p.s. http://eve.skjalfti.is/tmp/evets.JPG

Read full post

Server optimization

By CCP Hellmar

At today’s downtime we installed on TQ a performance optimisation that was planned as a part of the upcoming patch. We opted for installing it now instead of tomorrow with the rest of the patch, to get a good feel for the performance increase this particular improvement would yield. The results have been staggering we are seeing a solid 10% improvement across the board and select nodes show up to 30% performance increase. So more fleet combat coming to you this weekend (you can of course start r...

Read full post

Tentative Patchnotes released

By CCP Hellmar

We will, from now on, publish the changes in an upcoming patch, in some advance to release it. We are aiming for 2 days in advance. So here are the patch notes for the patch coming to TQ tomorrow or the next day (we are still running checklists on it) http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/patchnotes.asp

Read full post