Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2004

7327@21:09

By CCP Hellmar

As EVE-I:COM server watcher is down I tough I'd let you know that we peaked at 7.327 tonight. It is only slightly higher that last Sunday’s 7.301. We are betting on a patch this week, bringing many server side optimisations and a new marketing event to kick us over 8k and lay the tracks for the big 10k. 7.327 is still a lot and I thank you for your support :)

Read full post

Emergency warps

By Chandra

We have never been completely happy with the way a disconnect in space is handled (be it accidental or just the player exiting the client), as it has certain exploit potentials and sort of breaks immersion. This is why we have brought back on our test server a mechanism that was actually scrapped during beta a loooong time ago.

Read full post

Crielere screenshots - from construction to destruction

By CCP t0rfifrans

I was browsing the screenshots section and decided to search for all screenshots from Crielere. This event took a long time to unfold and it's interesting to look back on it and see the story evolve through the screenshots you have submitted. Crielere under construction Picture 1 Picture 2 Crielere ready and running Picture 3 Picture 4 Picture 5 Crielere under siege Picture 6 Picture 7 Picture 8 Picture 9 Picture 10 Picture 11 Picture 12 Picture 13 Picture 14 Picture 15 Crielere burning Picture ...

Read full post

EVE Online Newsletter vol. I

By CCP Hellmar

We have sent out the first newsletter in what we plan to be a series of newsletters covering happenings relating to EVE Online. Tell us what you think. NOTE: that we estimate 30 hours to send all the emails so if you are at the bottom of the alphabet then ...

Read full post

Candidate for Electronic Warfare Changes

By CCP TomB

Changes to the Electronic Warfare System has been discussed before in a previous dev blog, two problems with the current system is the 100% effectiveness of powerful modules and stacking modules for on/off effectness, some without range and some with a limited range of usage. The modules in the category of Electronic Warfare are: ECM Target Jammers, Jump Scramblers, Stasis Webifiers, Remote Sensor Dampeners and Tracking Disruptors.

Read full post

Reduced death penalty

By CCP Hellmar

We have released a server update to TQ that gives all ships that explode, without having insurance, 40% default coverage. The motivation behind this change is to reduce the loss of new players that haven’t yet realized the importance of insurance. Loosing your top frigate or new cruiser, that you spent your last isk on, is way to close to permanent death.

Read full post

Patch 1389

By CCP Hellmar

We have compiled a release candidate for a TQ patch going out on Monday. Please give us your comments on patch review

Read full post

Hi + Buddy Program

By CCP 4P's

Hi everyone, I am the new marketing manager here at CCP, and wanted let everyone know about the new Buddy Program that was released a few days ago. » Buddy program The purpose of the Buddy program is to enable registered users to give their buddies a free trial of EVE, something we have received many requests for.

Read full post

New Player Guide

By CCP Hellmar

We have added a little New Player Guide to our web site. Now all we need is a New Player Guide Community created Video, any one up for that :) BTW the vids are streaming in, the incoming section is filling up with excellent entries.

Read full post