Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for January 2004

Oh, what a night

By CCP Hellmar

Based on the subscriber trends we have been seeing since opening up the download, it was inevitable that we would break our old record from back in June. I didn’t expect it to happen tonight though, we are sure are looking good for toping 7k next Sunday. Congratulations EVE Players this record is yours and is probably a world record for simultaneously connected players in the same persistent world Top users: 6446 at 20:34 25.01.2004 GMT.

Read full post

Alliances and Warfare pt. 2

By CCP TomB

After much debate on the standing based alliance and corporation warfare system we have come up with a new design proposal for it. We will rather have alliances work similar to corporations than having it standing based and also allowing corporations to have the option of single war declaration. Alliances They will be build up similar as corporations meaning one corporation would be the assigned leader of the alliance and have the option to invite or accept new corporations into the alliance or ...

Read full post

Community Created Videos

By CCP Hellmar

We are getting a constant stream of community created videos into video@eve-online.com. This is of course excellent and I thank you for all the material. We have been sent so much, that we can't list it all, it is just too much.

Read full post

Alliances and Warfare

By CCP TomB

We have been looking at various issues with corporation warfare and the lack of alliance system. At hands I have a very simple solution for players and corporations as it's done directly through the standings window. Instead of having standings from -10 to + 10 with a decimal we are looking to change it to 5 steps: Alliance (+10) Forming Alliance: 1.

Read full post

Awards section added

By CCP Hellmar

We have added a little awards section. We have received notifications of more awards, that are not published yet and will update the page as they get announced.

Read full post

New simultaneous player record for 2004

By CCP Hellmar

This Sunday we peaked at 5.840 simultaneous players, that is the highest since 2003.07.06 So we are on a good track to break the all time high of 6.301, given same trend we will top 6.000 next Sunday.

Read full post

Community Created Videos

By CCP Hellmar

I have received these video files through unofficial channels. I would very much like to get in touch with the people who made them (as they are friggin awsome ), if you are reading this blog, please drop a line to technical@ccp.cc

Read full post

Happy New Year!

By CCP Hellmar

You, the players, sure have struck the note for 2004, by gathering to Tranquility in greater numbers at the same time since 2003.08.31. Yes 5.605 simultaneous players is more than a 4 month high. And this is after the end of the "back to EVE Online" promo that was run for the 10 last days of 2003. With this keeping up, together we will claim the world record for most players in the same world in no time at all

Read full post