Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for 2004

South Asia earthquake and tsunami disaster relief effort

By CCP Hellmar

We here at CCP are stricken by the loss of lives resulting from the South Asia earthquake and tsunamis on December 26. Therefore we are contemplating the idea of offering EVE players a way through the account management pages to make donations directly to the Icelandic Red Cross. We realize that there already exist many ways to donate and many have probably donated already.

Read full post

Ship Hitpoints Increased

By CCP TomB

All ships have been increased in base hitpoint values for testing purposes of increased survivability and can be tested on Singularity. This does only affect player ships, NPC's would not get this change. The change won't affect small / normal scaled PvP combat scenarios as dramatically as the hitpoints are increased by, most of these scenarios relay on out-caping your oponent.

Read full post

A barely audible message from EVE CSS

By CCP Arkanon

Hello everyone! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Hang on, it was only the worst of times! Reporting from underneath Mt. Doom, which is the only thing you can call our queue these days, this is GM Arkanon. The petition/incident line is now up to 4000, that's four thousand waiting cases and all must be and will be answered by us.

Read full post

We're still here! And this is what we're working on now

By CCP Oveur

Issues, bugs, exploits, more bugs, imbalance, big bugs. Mix it all together and you might have a description for last week. Well, except for lag, then lag and then some more lag. All three from different sources, we got one down, two to go. However, I'm going to address some of the gameplay issues in this blog, some (radical) changes which we have scheduled for the next patch (after the one tomorrow) and some others that might see the light of day before the patch.

Read full post

Where do they get those wonderful toys?

By CCP Redundancy

Now that the "OMG, you're insane!" posts about moon mining are beginning to die down a little, it looks like people are taking a closer look at the numbers. Naturally, there's people that still think I'm insane, but it was almost a prerequisite of coming up with a process like this. So, lets start with stuff that I'm looking to fix... There's a lot of people who've looked at the refining array and noticed that the yield is pretty terrible.

Read full post

Patch tomorrow

By CCP Hellmar

Tomorrow the first mandatory automatic patch to EXODUS will be deployed to Tranquillity. It is already available as a test patch and Singularity is running version 2.02.3003. This patch brings some immediate fixing to platform related issues and a slew of other fixes (patch notes will be available soon). Our focus (a part from fixing critical bugs) has for the most part been on containing the increased CPU usage on the Tranquillity cluster that followed EXODUS (read LAG).

Read full post

Have you sent in your Alliance logo yet?

By CCP Oveur

Since last Tuesday, 9 Alliances have formalized their relationship in the universe of EVE. However, not all of them have sent in their logo. We would like to remind the Alliances to send in their request for a logo, which is then used as reference by our artists to create the ingame version. We have also encountered a lot of Alliances that are just waiting for the training of Empire Control lvl 5.

Read full post

Exodus Deployment +1 Day

By kieron

Here we are, 30 hours after the deployment of Exodus. How has the deployment done so far? I'd have to say rather well. There were some unexpected issues that came up (downloads of the client/patch causing lag and lag related issues, Contraband causing Customs Police CONCORDOKEN, increased difficulty in PvE), but overall the upgrade went well.

Read full post

Exodus Client and Patches available for Download

By kieron

The Exodus client is available for download here. Beat the rush (and ease the server load a little bit) by downloading and installing the Exodus client. This client will be compatible on Singularity while Tranquility is being updated to the new code. You can also grab patches that will bring a Castor client up to date with the latest Exodus code.

Read full post

Corporation audit

By CCP Hellmar

A big part of EXODUS are the changes that have been made to the corporation system. Some of the changes have required us to make procedures to “port” data from the current system to the new system, especially roles and titles.

Read full post

System Scanning and Safe Spots

By LeKjart

With the introduction of the new system scanning in Exodus, it is clear that the word 'safe' in safe spot will be highly questionable. Now to make system scanning really a true gameplay addition, we must make sure that there are no spots which are _really_ safe from scanning, otherwise it would be a worthless feature.

Read full post

Macro use - Just say no!

By CCP Arkanon

Hello there, fellow travellers. Banning players for macro use has become a worryingly normal part of my morning routine in the last month or so. Wake up, get some extra strenght Quafe caffeine special (no sugar), climb into my pod and away I go, next stop Ban City, population climbing. Now, I really do not enjoy banning players, nor do I enjoy explaining to them why they are banned.

Read full post

Want to help promote EVE?

By CCP Hellmar

Swing by the Windows Marketplace and tell others what you think. - Hellmar P.s. download.com could use some nice User Opinions as well :) I am sorry for this blatant plug in the dev blog, but when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints :)

Read full post

Just to clear up all misunderstanding

By CCP Hellmar

In no way is the volcanic eruption we are currently having here in Iceland, related to the release of the Exodus trailer :) More eruption links: The Nordic Volcanological Center Satellite Pictures from Sviss Satellite Pictures from NASA The Icelandic Meteorological Office Radar images from The Icelandic Meteorological Office

Read full post

The Gallente Elections

By Talisman

There have been a few questions raised regarding the ongoing Gallente Elections event. First of all, this event is scheduled to culminate in December, so there’s a lot of time still to introduce and explain the latter parts of this event. For instance, the three presidential candidates and their agendas will be covered in depth over the next weeks.

Read full post

Shiva : Testing Extended 2 Weeks

By CCP Oveur

A rule we had imposed on ourselves for a successful Shiva launch, was we complete the coding of all features two weeks prior to the 3rd of November. This would mean a two week period where all code was frozen for 100% bugfixing and play testing. Yesterday was the planned freeze day and we still have minor coding to complete on the features we haven't cut.

Read full post

Your Alliance and You

By CCP Oveur

This one time, in Shiva camp, when creating an Alliance. No wait, wrong quote. In Shiva, we're finally allowing corporations to formally unite under a single banner - literally. Seriously. Alliances are a very big entity within EVE and are really the player equivalent of an NPC Faction and as such, it has a number of pros and cons. Regarding the banner thing, lets get that out of the way first.

Read full post

Singularity Shiva signup page opened

By CCP t20

You can now activate your account on Singularity, the new Shiva test cluster by clicking "Activate". Accounts will be activated in batches over the next two weeks to better control the testing effort. The Shiva ingame testing chat channel is "Shiva". Check the linked page regularly for updates on the Shiva version that is running on Singularity.

Read full post

The Special Packet Route Interest Group Strikes Again!

By CCP Oveur

The first batch of ping plots helped us find some possible problem spots on some of the backbones that lead into the EVE hosting center. We are looking into those and we would really appreciate further assistance to analyze these specific spots.

Read full post

Oh packet, where art thou? Your internet connection and EVE!

By CCP Oveur

We have been going over information regarding connections to the EVE cluster and the quality of the paths. To get a better picture of this, we would like to ask you a small favor to help us better map access and peering into the EVE hosting center. To help, we need a visual overview of your route to the hosting center.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next