Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for 2003

Gleðileg Jól

By CCP Hellmar

I think we have hot-fixed the last remaining Castor issues with the reboot last night. That reboot was for code updating many agent missions and bringing back scenario NPC infestations. Scenarios like "The Training Grounds" and "Golgothan Fields" should have NPCs again. We already have the prepped the next update and it's currently running on Chaos, that update should be the end of all grid-exploits in EVE.

Read full post

Optional Tranquillity patch 1360

By CCP Hellmar

We have put together an optional TQ patch. It most importantly fixes the mining drone CTD. http://patch.eve-online.com/evepatch1352-1360.exe I also fixes a slew of other issues. Firing at Mining Drone no longer causes a crash to desktop Bookmark folder structure should function correctly There are new columns in the scanner: size, speed, transversal speed and radial speed T2 splash screen As changing speed during warp is no longer valid, the UI doesn't attempt it, thus the speed meter state is a...

Read full post

Castor described

By CCP Hellmar

We are gathering together what Castor is in a web page. This page will be used, among other things, to notify players that have left EVE, that things have changed. As you the players see things often differently than us, I would like your comments on this listing.

Read full post

Tranquility hotfix

By Fuhry

There was an unscheduled downtime for couple of hours. We were hotfixing Tranquility which should take care of the following issues: Agents dishing out bonuses like candy + mission completion ending in error. Imbalanced standing loss for mission failure. Trash Item not trashing. A lot of other stuff was fixed as well.

Read full post

Some of the issues with Castor

By CCP Oveur

There were some fixed deployed during downtime to some items but there are still a couple of known issues that are being worked on. I'll try to keep you updated when more is known in the next couple of days. Agents are in some instances not giving rewards, not giving necessary items to complete and sometimes reseting the mission.

Read full post

Apologies for over extending the estimates

By CCP Hellmar

For this update we wanted to be extra careful as possible as the size of it is more than anything done before. Once all the database upgrading was done (several passes over more than 50 GB of data) we started the servers in a way that only we here at CCP and Customer support at Síminn could connect. We wanted to do this to do a dry run of the various systems that were affected by the update.

Read full post

1238 patching woes

By CCP Hellmar

There is a problem with autopatching in 1238. As there are a lot of eve players that don't frequent the eve site, forum, news, blog, fansites, etc. we need your help with alerting these players to go and manually patch from 1.10.1238 to 1.11.1352 All that is needed is to go to this page and press the relevant 1238 patch and run it. All other version of EVE should autopatch correctly.

Read full post

ATM isk withdrawal

By CCP Hellmar

There is a feature in the game which allows you to withdraw isk from youe wallet and turn it into an item. I wanted to know if you are using this feature for any meta gameplay you guys are so apt at inventing :).

Read full post

2 GB added to SQL cluster on Tranquillity

By CCP Hellmar

We just completed the quite successful 2 GB memory increase for our SQL Cluster. We see a dramatic change in SQL Cluster performance from our end; I hope you are enjoying the reduced lag.

Read full post

Warp cancellation

By CCP Hellmar

Most of you have probably experienced the case where you initiate warp too close to a station or a large asteroid, watching your ship move at tectonical-drift-rate speeds as it aligns its course with the warp destination. We have released a server side patch to Tranquillity which allows you select "Stop My Ship" from the context menu to exit the warp phase. BTW I don't think I have recommended patch 1254 enough.

Read full post

New web site

By CCP Hellmar

Finally after many sleepless nights we have released the new web site. We had to hold back a few sections which will be added in coming days. Also given the size of the update this time, there is a chance that there are some snags here and there, please be patient while we clean them all up Hope you like it.

Read full post

Patch 1254

By CCP Hellmar

The only change from 1253 is that is frame rate slow down and instability issues that a small group of players were experiencing are fixed. Get it hot of the press

Read full post

Patch 1253

By CCP Hellmar

We have been hearing reports that a small minority of those that have installed 1253 are experiencing low framerate in window mode. We have not been able to reproduce this in out lab so we ask those that have experienced this to send us a DxDiag dump and log files if they can to technical@ccpgames.com, with "1253 slow down as the subject. How to use the LogServer

Read full post

Videos of championship - Recorded and edited by players

By CCP t0rfifrans

During the championship finals, a group of players volunteered to assist CCP in video recording and editing the event. Seven cameramen logged in and recorded with either Fraps or their own cameras and rigs. Two of the matches have now been placed online. We are grateful for the effort of these guys and hope we will see more of this in the future. The videos

Read full post

Suicide is painless

By LeKjart

We are thinking of taking out the self-destruct option for pods. In all the cases we have heard, it is used as a 'kind of' exploit. Originally, it never was really intended as a game feature, but was more a developer shortcut for testing. If you can name legitimate uses for it, speak up now.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next