Candidate

The Pre-Election stage has closed and all endorsements have been tallied.

RonUSMC

Country
United States
URL
https://www.twitch.tv/RonUSMC

Streaming Eve fulltime has provided me with a very interesting take on the Eve experience, particularly around the new player experience. I am very fortunate with being able to talk, discuss, explain, and invite new people into the world that continues to grow that world we call Eve.

I have been playing for 11 years when we started TEST and still in TEST. I am an FC of every kind of ship, have BLOC FC'd fights of over 1000 people, been in thousands of engagements and have tried to experience just about everything I could. I have been in Wars in Eve for most of my time in game.

Through discussions with players of all forms of gameplay I feel I have a reasonable grasp on some problems with the gaming experience. I spend most days giving detailed explanations of game mechanics, in-game politics, and updates to the ongoing war.

I am focused mainly on what I like to call "content deniers", which are gate campers, gankers, station/undock camping. I want to bring to light the problems that both I and many people in chat have experienced. I feel that players that camp pipes into different areas are basically roadblocks. They gain much and lose rarely. There can be a gatecamp that kills 100 people in a day, they lose nothing, and the systems behind that gatecamp are empty. People that live in those systems behind the gatecamp complain that its empty, but the only reason is simple: its very difficult for new to medium aged players to explore when all the major pipeline systems are always camped. I don't want to remove any of these baseline styles of play, but I do think they can be tweaked.

I am a User Experience Designer/Architect by trade and have thousands of hours of experience with interviews, interpreting customer data, and designing for the user's experience while maintaining a rich journey through the product. I have worked at Apple, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and several other places.

I can build great working relationships with many different types of personalities and can build ongoing productive connections with other CSM members and Developers.

View all candidates

Are you sure you want to endorse this candidate?

Are you sure you want to withdraw your endorsement?